Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Write Your Story


I was driving my kids to school this morning and they asked me to play one of their favorite songs.  They chose the song “Kung Fu Fighting” as performed by Jack Black in the motion picture “Kung Fu Panda”.  I smiled since it happened to be a song that I like as well.  As we were all singing it the last part of the chorus really stood out to me.  It goes like this “It’s the book of your life that you’re writing”.  For some reason it struck me as profound thought this morning as I sang it and contemplated.  This brought me to some deep thoughts of course.  On the one hand I wonder how many people walk through life believing they have absolutely no control over their lives or simply don’t care.  On the other hand I wonder how many people walk through life believing they have absolute power and can control everything.  Either extreme has its deficiencies.  One life is an action while the other is a reaction.  As I consider these things I constantly think we can’t live in the extremes but we must… live.  Is life something you get up and react to or is it something you take action with?

No comments: