Friday, April 25, 2008

Simplicity

Do you ever think about the simple things in life? You know, like being outside on a sunny day while a cool breeze brushes across your face, or watching a lady bug crawl around on the ground and fly away. Somehow the simple things make sense, I can't explain why... The other day I was having a really rough time trying to get things done at work while gearing up for school, and I called home to check in with my family. It was then my wife began to tell me a story about my son, it was time for lunch and she looked over at the table and there he was holding a snail. He was being so delicate with it, watching it crawl so slowly on the table. When she asked him why he brought the snail in he said "he's hungry mama". I believe God has placed these things in the world around us and these simple things set us at ease. The remind us there is a bigger picture of the world, and we're a part of that picture. Simplicity. When is the last time you did something simple?

3 comments:

~JOSh-X said...

Today was definitely NOT a simply day for me.

I had a ton of trouble with my bank... but through many complications, God straightened things out.

I must have missed the simple reminders while I was caught up in the hectic-ness of the day-to-day, mundane tasks.

I'll keep an eye out for these simple things...

<3

LiverofGod said...

I don't know about all of this "simple" thing stuff, but I DO know that you have issues with Boba...

Are we hanging out soon for some racquetball?

Anonymous said...

I think its so hard to see the simple in our hectic world's we have created for ourselves. I wonder if we miss so much of what it means to be human and created to in Gods image when we miss these simple things in our lives.