Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rainbow

When was the last time you stopped to casts your eyes on a rainbow and take in its beauty? Many times we see them as we’re doing something else and peer over at them. It’s interesting to me that the “rainbow” has had such an impact on our culture. I typed the word “rainbow” in the Google search engine and it recognized the word somewhere on the internet with about 395,000,000 results (0.17 seconds). The last time I saw a rainbow I was driving, coming out the other end of a rainstorm. I remember the clouds looked heavy and as though someone painted them with streaks of black and gray. The weather seemed cold and I remember just wanting the warmth of the sun. Seconds later, the sun began to break through the clouds. It was as though the sun itself heard the secret whisper of my heart and decided to respond. In that moment I also recognized I was beneath an amazing rainbow. Probably the largest one I’d ever seen. So I pulled over off to the side of the road, got out of my car and after I got to a safe place on the road I just took it in. It was amazing. It reminded me that I too am in the midst of something amazing.

No comments: